Sunday, August 24, 2008

Package from Maryland

I was so tickled to receive this package from my swap partner and to discover that she is my very dear friend Carissa ;D

This handspun yarn is very special...Carissa spun it from fiber from one of my own sheep, a Corriedale ewe named Coryn (Carissa bought her lamb fleece). I just can't explain how touched I am by this yarn! She carded it with hunter green and deep purple alpaca and silk and added just a touch of gold firestar. It is sitting next to my computer where I can just squeeze it every so often - LOL!

There was also this precious little felt covered journal and some of my favorite caramel/chocolate candy.

Thank you, dear Friend, for such a special treat! And, you did a great job keeping your identity a secret ;p

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That yarn IS beautiful! It must be a real treat to anticipate what you're going to make from it.

Unknown said...

i like......

dan said...

From your own sheep? That's wonderful!