Hi all and welcome to the first Hush-Hush Handspun Hootenanny (HHHH) swap! This is a "secret" swap for hand spinners (all levels welcome). Does it sound like fun??? It sure is! Because who doesn't like getting handspun?!
* You must be able to spin 4oz of fiber by the time the swap ends - there are no restrictions to this - you can do singles, 2ply, 3ply, whatever your pal would like
* You must send minimum of 4oz of fiber to your pal (unspun)
* Since this is a 1 package swap, you need to be willing to ship internationally
* You need to have an anonymous email address to send your downstream pal emails
You are not limited to sending only the handspun and fiber, you can send other things as well - soap, trinkets, sweets (be sure to put it in a ziploc to protect the fiber!), etc.
IF YOU CANNOT MEET THESE REQUREMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP! (seems kind of silly to say this, but after reading horror stories about other swaps, I want to keep this as friendly as possible) I understand that life sometimes gets in the way, so it is important that if you are not able to fulfill your duties, to let me and/or your swap pal know ASAP.
Here is the timeline:
up to 6/30/2008: signups and questionnaires posted
7/7/2008 - Receive your spinning pal and start spinning!
8/9/2008 - Swap ends
Having a blog is NOT required. I will invite everyone to join this blog, and you can post here.
Contact with your pal is critical for a successful swap. Be sure to send at least 3 emails:
* Initial contact to clue your pal in to who they will be getting treats from
* Sometime while your spinning, to let them know your progress and/or ask any questions to help decide what to give them
* After you've shipped their package so they know it's on it's way
You can send more emails, of course, but those should be the bare minimum.
To sign up, email me at bockstark.knits(at)gmail(dot)com with the following information. You should receive a confirmation email and invite to this blog.
2. Mailing address
3. E-mail address and anonymous email address
4. Ravelry ID
5. Blog address
6. Allergies? (Smoke, pets...)
7. Do you have smoke or pets in your home?
8. Do you spin with a wheel or spindle (or both)?
9. What spinning level would you consider yourself? (beginner/intermediate/advanced)