2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? 2-ply mainly - have done navajo ply. Have got bulky attachment to spin bulky yarn. Love it!
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?wheel
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? Wool! Have yet to try some alpaca, working my way through different breeds of wool.
5. Who are your favorite
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Alpaca - perhaps silk, cotton sounds intriguing.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? Mmmm not sure.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? Recently dyed my first lot of fibre. Much fun!
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I have equipment to spin from fleece - have yet to learn what is the ok parts of fleece and what is not. What fleece is good etc. Ready to spin fibre is much easier however.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Have made various garments for adults and children. Have done fine for knitting a shawl - my first fleece from scratch!
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Do not have a wpi gauge - not sure that we have such a fascination for that here. We spin 'til it looks right.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? Love green! But also love colour combinations, having flecked wool to knit with, variegated is great! Can't really stand bright oranges or harsh yellows.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Having 2 wheels - one has oatmeal coloured romney being spun fine and navajo plied, other has brown fleece - unknown breed - but carded by myself and spun 2 ply.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? KNITTING!!! and crochet and cross stitch and beading, sewing and and and. Mainly knitting.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Living a good life! My family, my cat!
16. Do you have an online wishlist? NO keep it in my head!
17. Is there anything that you collect? Only in a small way - cat stuff mainly figurines, winnie-the-pooh stuff that has appealed, and treasures my sons have made for me.
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? Opinionated Knitter E Zimmermann, anything that has exquisite patterns, love vintage books/patterns.
19. When is your birthday? 26 July
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? The extras - always quietly working away in the background!
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? We are in the middle of winter - so no melting yet!
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
Candy: Any! chocolate would probably be tops.
Food: Any except offal.
Movie(s): Starwars - the first one!
TV Show(s): Science fiction stuff mainly - terminator - SC Chronicles, Stargate Atlantis.
Book(s): Science Fiction, fantasy etc. Probably Anne McCaffrey would be near the top!
Guilty Pleasure(s): Lying in bed on a cold day with a good book - when possible!